Summer heat can wreak havoc on your lawn! But don't despair, smart lawn management can help you keep things nice and healthy this year .
Here are a few tips:
* How can you tell if the lawn needs water? Walk across the lawn early morning or evening hours. If your footprint remains, water is needed.
* Be sure to water after sunset or before sunrise. Avoid watering when its windy or hot outside.
* Set your mower blade higher - a height of 2 1/2" to 3" is ideal. Tall grass encourages deeper root growth and better drought tolerance.
* Make sure that the blade is sharp. Dull blades thrash the grass, they don't cut it.
* Consider mulching your grass. This will return needed nutrients to your yard.
Stay cool out there! And if you or anyone you know needs professional real estate advise, please don't hesitate to contact me.